And although I don’t have the attention span (or the patience) to sit down and watch an entire game, I do
take down enjoy the food that comes along with tailgating.
So in honor of college football season, I’m going to start posting a weekly tailgating recipe for all of you guys who actually do tailgate.
I’ll just enjoy the food from the comfort of my home.
This week’s recipe is crab and artichoke dip…
Let me put it out there that this is not my recipe. This is from Clyde’s and the recipe can be found here, but since most of you have probably never eaten there nor heard of it, I thought I’d be nice and share this incredible recipe with you.
CRAB AND ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE
(Serves six to eight)
|1/2 cup||finely minced onion|
|2||8 oz. packages cream cheese|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||horseradish sauce|
|1/2 tsp||Old Bay seasoning|
|5 dashes||Tabasco sauce|
|1||14 oz. can artichoke hearts|
|1/2 lb.||Crab meat, cartilage removed|
|1/4 cup||Parmesan cheese|
1. In a sauce pot, saute the onions in the butter until they are soft but not brown.
2. Add the cream cheese and stir it over low heat until it is soft. Add the Worcestershire, horseradish, Old Bay, and Tabasco. Stir until well blended.
3. Fold in the artichokes and crab meat.
4. Put the mixture in a shallow baking dish, one that is only about 1-1/2 inches deep. This is similar to the size of a 10-inch pie plate.
5. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top.
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. This cheese should be brown on top and the sides should be bubbling.
And that is it my friends. One of the best crab and
spinach oops, artichoke recipes known to man. I have family that swears by the stuff.
So go forth, make dip, and may the force be with whatever team you are cheering on tomorrow.
Wanna take a stab at what two teams will be cheered for in my household?
Yeap, Go DAWGS!
Oh and of course Go Wahoos!