Make these. I’m not kidding–they are heaven. Do not skip the ganache. You will be sorry if you do.
As you can see, I was so excited I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before we dug in.
Please ignore Z’s hand. Why do boys love to try to destroy pictures?
-1 box Bettty Crocker original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup water
-1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
-1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
For the ganache, you’ll need:
-12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
-6 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 13×9 pan with cooking spray. Make brownie mix as directed on the box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
2. Make cookie mix as directed on puch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean 2 inches from the side of the pan. Cool for 30 minutes. Frost with ganache.
Oh yes, ganache. So easy and delicious:
1. In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
2. Pour over chocolate morsels (I used a mixing bowl)
3. Let stand about 20 seconds, then stir until smooth.
4. Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.